At the beginning of the month, I look over my overarching goals/projects/resolutions for the year, and set monthly goals with those goals in mind. This year I hope to read at least 15 min. every day; exercise (and reach 10,000 steps a day); document our memories; declutter and "redecorrange" our home; eat mindfully (eat more greens + vegetables and eat healthy desserts); drink more water; embrace routine; and blog often.*
This month I'm inspired to:
- Create a bedroom I respect
- Our bedroom is a catch-all. It's bad. I want a bedroom that feels calming at the end of the day. I need to begin by decluttering problem areas.
- Increase my reading time
- to at least 30 minutes a day. I'm aiming to read both a life-enriching book and a book for fun at a time.
- Clean out my inbox
- I'm tackling 50 emails a day. Yes, I have that many. Some of it's junk, and it's overwhelming.
- Go running
- Rather than incorporating strength/interval training, I'm opting to run instead. I ran at a slow pace twice last month for 40 minutes at a time. I really enjoyed it.
- Look into a new album size for memory keeping
- I need some more creativity in my life. I'm looking to change up my 2017 memory keeping album to inspire me. I think I'm actually going to get some memory keeping done this month.
*I blogged about each of those goals in more detail at the beginning of the year here: January 2017 Goals. I set monthly goals to get more specific with my yearly goals. There may be something inspiring me this month, for example, that won't work (or I'm not feeling) at another time of the year. I talked about my goal-setting process in more detail here: Goal- Setting: 2016.