Happy Friday! I have 5+ links to share with you. :)
1. Interesting! Psychologists Recommend That Parents Plan Nothing For Their Children This Summer by Esther Rivers. Child psychologist Lyn Fry, who Rivers references, suggests having your child write a list of activities they would like to do during the summer. "If the child goes through summer feeling bored or complaining of boredom, the parent can then refer the child back to the list. This way, says Fry, the child is referencing their own ideas on how to best proceed with activities during their spare time."
2. I wish I was closing the book of my 2015 memory book like Kelly Purkey. Her stamps are currently at Michael's!
3. This is a raw piece on motherhood, marriage, and feminism: You are Not a Tree by Jolie Ankrom.
4. This is a must-read: 9 Reasons It's So Easy to be Misunderstood by Leon Seltzer. Also helpful: 6 Tips for De-Escalating an Argument by John M. Grohol.
5. I need to reread this and take notes: Five Things Organized People Do Every Day by Jen Hunter.
Hope you have a good one!
Read through more Five on Friday posts here.
photo credit // cc