Friday, February 12, 2016
five on friday
I want to pop in and share 5+ links with you! :)
1. I appreciate Margarita Tartakovsky's posts. She recently shared 15 Nourishing Ways to Spend Any Day. I am currently considering an enriching, 100-day project (#8 on her list).
2. Speaking of projects, I started a "Read for at least 15 min. every day" goal in 2015. I'm doing it again this year, but forgive myself if I average 15 min. a day instead of actually reading every day (because some days are chaotic). Rachel Del shared 6 Novels that Made Me Fall in Love with the Suspense/Thriller Genre this week. I read The Girl on the Train (review here), which is on her list. I liked it, as well. I picked up Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter- also on her list. I tend to be an anxious person so I want to see if I can handle the suspense. ;)
3. These are adorable: DIY Heart-Shaped Tea Light Candles by Francesca Stone.
4. I need these "Face Flair" badges/buttons from the etsy shop A Flair for Buttons.
5. Last year for Valentine's Day, we paired a kid-friendly movie with dinner. (Got the idea for themed, Valentine's Day dinners here). We watched Back to the Future 3, which was partly set in the western United States in 1885. We had dinner that we thought fit that theme- steak, chicken, artichoke, corn, baked potato, a biscuit, and root beer for dinner. We had custard pie for dessert. We plan to pair a kid-friendly movie with dinner again this year for Valentine's Day. (Jesse and I sneak out alone together on a different day. Waiting for an 1 1/2+ IF we can find a babysitter isn't really my idea of romantic. ;) If you celebrate, what are your plans for Valentine's Day??
See more Five on Friday posts here.
Photo by Jenna Archuleta (my soon to be sister-in-law :)