Related reading: Monthly Recaps: 2016 // 2015 // 2014
(My 2016 winter manifesto, Bookworm acrylic stamp set, 2016 daily tracker, Get to Work Book)
It's the last day of February. Happy leap day! ;) (It's a typical slow going Monday for me).
It's February's recap, so I have to tell you what we did for Valentine's Day. This year, we paired dinner and a movie (like last year). Jesse, our girls, and I watched Lady and the Tramp and had a spaghetti and meatball, salad, and breadstick dinner just like the famous candlelit dinner scene from the movie. Though tiramisu would've fit our theme better, I surprised Jesse with his favorite- homemade brownies a la mode.
This past Saturday, we went to a Los Lonely Boys concert in Santa Clarita. They're best known for this song. I got Jesse tickets for Valentine's Day. It was so much fun. Jesse is finishing up a scrapbook cart for me. My love for scrapbooking goes pretty far- did you hear me say "scrapbooking CART?" It's so cool! I can't wait to show you.
I had a kinda quiet month... on the blog anyway. There are a couple of posts I'd like to point you back to in case you missed one though.
I shared My Top 5 Favorite Homes on Instagram this month.
That was a fun post to put together. It's inspired me to update my home a little- I'm thinking more plants, more baskets, and adding some script art.
This month I added 1 recipe to my Greek yogurt 52 ways project:
I really like this one: Greek Yogurt 52 Ways: #34 Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake.
Speaking of healthy living (we kinda were), I shared Tips for Getting More Steps this month. I compiled part of today's post walking around my living room. (I do trip occasionally. ;)
Last week I shared my synopsis of the book, podcast, and video episodes "Staying in Love." I shared my synopsis in 4 parts (the book has 4 chapters and there are 4 podcast and 4 video episodes). See them all here: part 1: "Love is a Verb," part 2: "Re-Modeling," part 3: "Feelin' It," and part 4: "Multiple Choice Marriage." As I said in the final post, I did the best I could to share some of what I learned, but I invite you to buy the book and DVD "Staying in Love" with all 4 extended video versions here or watch (or listen) to the episodes at the site Your Move right here. :)
Finally, this is how I did with my February 2016 goals:
- Try a new zumba class.
- I currently go to a zumba class once a week. I really enjoy it. She is my favorite, zumba instructor. Not all classes and instructors are the same, so I'm looking for a good class. I would like to go twice a week instead of once a week.
- I'm going tonight! :/
- Stick to my 29-day evening routine challenge.
- I have had trouble sticking to an evening routine. My evenings are very hectic. I do all that I have to do and need to do, but I don't always do what I want to do. I am going to challenge myself to stick to my evening routine for this entire month.
- I didn't do great with this, but I did make progress. My evenings are so hectic.
- Continue working on my winter manifesto.
- I'm really looking forward to going to a concert AND going to the library this month. :)
- I did! I enjoyed going to the library multiple times this month and going to the Los Lonely Boys concert this past weekend.