Friday, November 20, 2015
five on friday
All the heart eye emojis for Friday (especially a Friday before Thanksgiving break! :)
I have 5+ links to share with you:
1. I tried this on my girls' hair this week: The Romantic Triple Twist Ponytail by Rebecca Stice. So pretty. Another from A Beautiful Mess- 3 Stove Simmers to Make Your Home Smell Like the Holidays! by Elsie Larson. I'm trying that pinecone, cinnamon, and apple simmer this week.
2. I mentioned that I'm trying to resist listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Almost there. I can make it. ;) In the meantime, I'm gathering ideas for our activity advent calendar. We watch Elf every year. Here's 10 Must Watch Christmas Movies To Share With Your Families! by Sumaiya Kabir and 26 Easy Christmas Candy Recipes You Should Try Making! by Felix Hoi. My sister-in-law Sarah made those penguins from olives and cream cheese one year. So cute! I'm hoping Jasmine will consider making those Christmas trees with pretzel sticks and chocolate. She's the chocolatier around here.
I've had my creative food moments, too! ;) See our chocolate covered marshmallow reindeer here. See more muffin tin meal ideas here.
3. I made Tracy Benjamin's Soyrizo Tacos this week (without kale because my family would not have been happy about that). We enjoy breakfast for dinner almost weekly. I added egg to the soyrizo and topped our tacos with shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream. We also had tater tots on the side. I'm doing this again next week! Yum.
4. How many cozy activities can I fit into my life this winter?? (Maybe I'll write a winter manifesto like my fall manifesto- which is going well, by the way). I'm taking ideas from Sarah Von Bargen's How to Hygge (or 29 Ways to Actually Enjoy Winter).
5. I'm taking notes from this article: Do’s and Don’ts for Setting Healthy Boundaries by Paula Durlofsky. I struggle in this area.
And 2 more because I can't help myself when it comes to productivity and routines: both by Mentor Palokaj- 11 Ways To Be Hyper Productive and 10 Morning Habits of Successful People That You Should Learn.
I hope you have an excellent weekend! :)
See more Five on Friday posts here.
"winter's day" photo by Ginny // cc