Friday, October 23, 2015
five on friday
I have 5+ links to share with you. :)
1. I am super inspired by this tutorial from Nikki Mans: 2 Monster Fur Crafts. I seriously want to drop everything, run to the fabric store, and buy fur fabric for these DIY projects.
2. "Stay indoors and watch cheesy Halloween classics like Hocus Pocus and Casper??" Yeah, I'm adding that to my fall manifesto! See: 25 Romantic Fall Date Ideas by Christina Clawson.
3. She had me at the title: When "Sparks Joy" Just Isn't Cutting It by Emma Thorne-Christy. I also was not "vibing" with the "sparks joy" method of decluttering. I appreciate this article so much.
4. I came across a couple of morning routine articles this week (you know how I feel about morning routines): 10 Easy Ways to Rise Earlier Than Anyone Else by Bridget Baker. I believe one should "Change what you say about mornings." I used to say, "I'm not a morning person." I stopped saying that. Maybe I'm not a natural "morning person," but I love my mornings now. Here's another one: 7 Morning Rituals That Give You A Head Start Every Day by Jose Ramos. Definitely "write down your goals every morning" as he suggests.
5. How do you handle criticism? (Makes me think of a quote from What Happens in Vegas: "Employee handles criticism? Poorly!" I love that movie). Here's a good article: 5 Ways to Handle Criticism Better by Melody Wilding.
Finally, 2 additional articles about happiness: Follow These 7 Golden Rules for a Happy Life by James Michael Sama and 10 Things You Can Do Today to Be Happy by Molly Joseph.
Hope you have an excellent weekend!
See more Five on Friday posts here.
Photo by Olga Filonenko // cc