So... I have a confession... it is nearly October and I have yet to finish my July spreads *insert scared, jaw-dropping emoji here*. Jessica asked if I had my post ready for today and I sheepishly said, “my post? I don’t even my July layout done!” We both stared blankly at each other for a minute and then tried to come up with a solution. In my defense, this month has been so busy. With the start of the fall quarter here at the university, birthday parties, and my husband transitioning to a new job, it’s been a real jungle around here! It’s challenging to take my own advice and “Make Time to Craft” BUT! In the spirit of it being the first day of fall (Yay!) I thought I would share my fall wardrobe wishlist with you. I, like Jessica, love dressing for fall. Maybe it’s all of the scarves that my mom has knit for me over the years or the fact that I’ve amassed enough jackets to clothe the entire population of Rhode Island, or maybe it’s just the fact that I love layering, but I get very excited putting outfits together for the fall.
- For my past two Christmas wishlists, I have written down "leopard scarf." It just adds so much sass to an outfit, but because the colors are neutral you can pair it with almost anything! I think it’s time that I just go buy myself one and cross it off of my Christmas list. ;)
- I love the combat boot fashion trend. They’re comfortable, they’re warm, they’re perfect for fall wardrobes. I wrote down combat boots for my Christmas list last year and you know what… my husband bought them for me! I can’t want to blow the dust off of these badboys and trade in my flipflops for leather boots .
- For anyone who likes to be outdoors during the fall, I strongly suggest cargo jackets. They’re light weight and stylish! I just bought this one from Charlotte Russe and I couldn’t be happier with it.
- In my opinion, no fall wardrobe is complete without a leather jacket. A faux leather jacket is a great option if you’re not trying to break the bank on one article of clothing. I have red, tan, and dark brown leather jackets. I pair them with scarves and dark blue jeans to have a fall outfit put together in under a minute.
- Speaking of scarves… I can’t get enough of them. A colorful scarf is any easy way to dress up and add color to an outfit with minimal effort. As a bonus they keep you warm! Win, win, win!
- As I’ve mentioned before, my mom is a knitter. And a good one at that. I’ve been eyeing cable knit fingerless arm warmers for quite some time now and my mom offered to knit them for me. I can’t wait to debut them at work where I have to type and have full functioning fingers, but will still be able to keep warm.
Now I'm even more excited for fall! Thank you, Jasmine!
Keep up with Jasmine on Instagram. :)