Friday, August 21, 2015
five on friday
Happy Friday! I'm ready for the weekend! This was our first full week back to school. It was tiring, of course, but overall, it was nice transitioning into a different routine and embracing a new school year.
I have 5+ links to share with you!
1. So... as far as my morning routine, I'm good. I really enjoy my routine every morning and feel like I get quite a bit accomplished. My evening routine needs work. When I'm not feeling my morning routine, I push through and feel much better when I do. When I'm not feeling my current evening routine (most nights!), I just don't do it. I really want to work on my evening routine and get something going. I know an established evening routine will ensure better days overall. I am going to take the wisdom from these posts: What You Can Do Every Night To Make A More Productive Tomorrow by Robert Chen and 10 Small Things I Do Every Night To Improve My Life by Casey Imafidon.
2. Kellie Winnell discussed Falling Into The Must Have 'It' Trap; How Do You Stop? I relate to what she's saying. I discussed this topic some months ago: Creating vs Spending.
3. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type? (Test yourself on the mini version here). I'm an INFJ. This is a fun read: What Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type Was Like As A Child by Heidi Priebe via Tracy Benjamin's I Love Lists Friday.
4. We watched a few episodes from Alton Brown's first season of Good Eats on Netflix. We made his waffles after watching an episode about them. My girls happily had them for breakfast this week. I vowed to never use pancake mix again for waffles on Instagram. He discussed the difference between waffles and pancakes here. I also made his "instant pancake mix" this week. We had breakfast for dinner (we LOVE breakfast for dinner). Anyway. I'm all about Alton Brown right now. I subscribed to his blog.
5. Finally, what are you currently reading? I am reading The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. I'm only 2 chapters in, but I'm already super into it. I finished The Driftless Area a few weeks ago (didn't really like it). I had mentioned that I started Little Women. I am going to pick it up later in the year. It doesn't feel like a summer read. I'll discuss what I've read (and watched) in more detail on a later date. I'm still working on my "reading the books before I watch the movies" project/hobby.
Hope you have a good one!
See more Five on Friday posts here.