Friday, July 17, 2015
five on friday
Now that I'm caught up with my pocket memory book / Project Life book (see here), I'm working on other paper projects that have on the back burner- like my 52 sandwiches recipe book (see here) and Evie's baby book. (She's 9!)
Anyhow, it's Friday! I have 5 links that I'd like to share with you. :)
1. I mentioned yesterday that we're in the process of redecorating our bedroom. It is a sad state of affairs in there. I was motivated by this post on A Beautiful Mess: At Home with Mallory Nikolaus. I was inspired by Mallory Nikolaus not only because her home is beautiful (her little boys' room is adorable!), but also because her home is full of thrift store finds and DIY projects. Best takeaway: "You can decorate to your own style without sacrificing your budget."
2. Speaking of beautiful homes, Keiko Brodeur's home was featured on Design Sponge this week. (I've blogged about Keiko's shop Small Adventure before. See here. I have her succulent print and cards). Best takeaway: "Find the right balance between functionality and coziness– a warm space [to] relax."
3. This post Uheart Organizing: Smart Storage for Small Toys by Chelsea from Two Twenty One has me thinking about my girls' playroom, which is scary beyond belief. (I'm going to need hundreds of those mesh bags).
4. But I blog about paper crafting, too, right?? This week Kelly Purkey shared her Asia Album Part One: Manila. I love paper memorabilia so. much. Kelly comes across the best branding during her travels.
5. Finally, my BFF Ali Edwards (just kidding- she doesn't know who I am) is documenting a Week in the Life in August. I've started a Week in the Life, but then gotten sidetracked and not completed it by documenting it properly (yet more paper projects on the back burner). That kit is something else.
Hope you have a good one!
See more Five on Friday posts here.