Friday, May 8, 2015
five on friday
(Yeah I'm still working on January in my book! #behind)
1. On Wednesday, I mentioned that I'm working on reorganizing my craft space. I am super inspired by Elsie's hanging rope shelf and I am considering having Jesse make one for me. (Jesse should be worried after letting the cat out of the bag with the raised garden beds he made last month. ;) Elsie shared an entire tour of her office this week right here.
2. When I was a teenager, I happily accepted a second hand, train case. I didn't know what I would do with it, but I knew I had to have it. I am altering it now- more than a decade later. I got the idea from Julie Thompson, who blogs at Jane's Apron. She sold several in her etsy shop at one point. This was one of my favorites. I am applying the techniques she used for her patchwork clipboard tutorial for this project. If this interests you, be sure to read her post about glue here. I can't wait to share my altered train case with you. It's looking great so far.
3. I've had this tab open forever: Free Printables | Days of the Week Pocket Pages from Me & My Big Ideas. I need to print them already!
4. Have you seen Studio Calico's new, fuse tool? It's a heating tool that seals the pockets of page protectors for memory keeping. I've seen several, trendy scrapbookers use their sewing machine to seal their pockets. (I already mentioned that I'm not friends with my sewing machine right now). This is a great option for those of us who would rather get burned than poked. ;) Just kidding. I'd like to get my hands on one!
5. Summer break starts next month. Wha-?! It's time to start gathering ideas for our daily, fun, summer break activities. (See here). I appreciated this article: 100+ Cheap or Free Things to Do This Summer by Hilary White.
Hope you have a great weekend!
See more Five on Friday posts here.