Friday, February 20, 2015
five on friday
(New "Just Start" stamp from Elise Cripe. Adding it to my favorite supplies...)
1. Still talking about morning routines? Yep!
Mornings: How to Brighten Your Morning (and Whole Day): 7 Powerful Habits by Henrik Edberg
"How will you start your very first moments and minutes of the day? One good way to get off to a good start is to have a note, a reminder on your bedside table that will be one of the first things you see after you have woken up."
Also: 8 Habits Of Highly Productive People from Real Simple
"Find focus with a simple ritual. Try making your favorite morning activity- sipping tea, walking around the block- a mind-clearing pre-work ritual. Devoting a few minutes to relaxing and centering can help erase and even prevent mental frazzle."
2. Responsible spending: 10 Things You Should Buy at Target by Hilary White. I agree- especially with makeup; Threshold home decor; note cards, stationery items, and small buckets/baskets from the dollar spot.
Speaking of makeup: 16 Beauty Editors On Their Favorite Drug Store Buys on The Coveteur. I am curious to try the Butterfly Mascara from L'Oreal, Sally Hansen Insti-Dri, Revlon's Skinlights, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30 Moisturizer, and Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream.
3. Relationships: Anybody else enjoy quizzing their husband for giggles like I do?? The 36 Questions That Lead to Love by Daniel Jones.
4. Organization: I am going to spring clean. Dreading Spring Cleaning? Here Are 14 Ways to Get You Pumped by Macy Williams. Also: I am interested in Creating A Purse Organizing System like Tracy Benjamin.
5. Hobbies: This List of 50 Low-cost Hobbies Will Excite You by Amy Johnson. "Do you want to find a fun, low-cost hobby? A good hobby is entertaining, fulfilling and will enhance your life- but they can often also be very expensive. However, there are still lots of free or cheap hobbies that are fun, educational and rewarding." I am working on #2: "Write A Themed List, And Work Through It." I am reading books that are going to be made into movies in 2015, then, obviously, watching the movies. I'll be blogging about that later! You know I'm also about #9: "Scrapbook Important Events" and #35: "Start a Blog." Started. ;) There's a bunch of fun hobbies on that list.
Hope you have a good one!!
P.S. In case you missed it, I just restocked my etsy shop! I blogged about yesterday.