Friday, January 2, 2015
5 on friday
The winner of my 32 Favorites Giveaway is Ruby N. Yay! I will be emailing you soon. :)
Here are 5 links I've come across this week that I'd like to share:
1. This article is thought-provoking: This Is How We Date Now by Jamie Varon for Thought Catalog. Though I am not dating, I can see how this mentality spills into other areas of our lives.
"We see a limitless world in a way that no generation before us has seen [...] We bombard ourselves with stimuli, input, input, input, and we wonder why we’re miserable. We wonder why we’re dissatisfied. We wonder why nothing lasts and everything feels a little hopeless. Because, we have no idea how to see our lives for what they are, instead of what they aren’t."
2. I enjoyed this article: Everything Is A Phase by Elise Blaha Cripe for Coffee + Crumbs.
"I am a big believer in the fresh start. I love the chance to come up with a new plan and have found that setting and working towards specific goals greatly improves my attitude in many areas."
Elise has inspired how I set goals immensely.
3. Speaking of goals, are you still thinking about your resolutions for this year? This was helpful: 50 New Year’s Resolution Ideas And How To Achieve Each Of Them by Ivan Dimitrijevic for Lifehack. I'm taking the advice to read more.
"Books are an excellent way to gain a lot of knowledge on a huge variety of topics, and are also a great exercise for your brain."
4. I pulled one of my January Goals from this article by Macy Williams for Popsugar: 17 Goals For a More Organized Life in 2015.
My goal from the article is:
"Make assignment lists for everyone. If you live with multiples people — be it kids, significant others, or roommates — make sure you create weekly assignment lists so that everyone can play their part in keeping your home orderly."
5. I know I'm not the only one concerned about my waistline. I appreciated this article by Keri Glassman for Women's Health: 15 Tiny Tweaks That’ll Help You Lose More Weight in 2015. There are a few tweaks I intend to implement- like "Start each meal with a full glass of water."
That's it! Hope you have an awesome weekend. See ya Monday!