Sunday, October 19, 2014
five on sunday
Posting on friday didn't work out this week (obviously ;) but I just had to share 5 articles I saved as favorites this week.
1. My sister Jasmine sent this article to me earlier this week:.NPR's Why Saying Is Believing- The Science Of Self-Talk. I believe that "the words you say to yourself could change the way you see yourself." I'm practicing talking to myself as though I was talking to a friend. I'm always very nice and patient towards a friend, but impatient and critical towards myself. Gotta stop that.
2. I'm the only one in my family that likes sweet potatoes. Sigh. I'm determined to try these twice-baked oatmeal-stuffed sweet potatoes for breakfast when there's less little people and husbands to make faces at me. Kate Bratskeir shared a list of various stuffed potatoes for her article on Huffpost: You Can Stuff Just About Anything Inside A Sweet Potato. And You Should.
3. I discovered the site ZenHabits by Leo Babauta this week. I'm all for "clearing the clutter so we can focus on what’s important, create something amazing, find happiness."
4. My gym experience has been painful lately because it's too busy. The one I was going to closed and sold my membership to another gym a few months ago. Um. Thanks? This new gym is nice, but always packed. I think it's time to switch. The article (especially the flowchart!) by Ashley Oerman for Women's Health The Definitive Way to Tell If You Should ACTUALLY Join That Gym is helpful as I search for a new gym.
5. I believe wholeheartedly in buying second hand for your house (actually, in general). I admit that it can be overwhelming though. Sarah von Bargen from Yes and Yes shared How To Fill Your Home With Cheap, Beautiful, Interesting Things From Thrift Stores (Without Becoming A Hoarder).
I'm off to picnic at Oak Glen to celebrate Addy's 5th birthday today. I'll eat an apple pastry for you.
Glad you stopped by! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)