Saturday, August 23, 2014
five on friday, er, five on saturday
Friday got away from me, but here are 5 links I'd like to share this week!
1. Glennon Melton's post on her site Momastery really resonated with me: Give Me Gratitude or Give Me Debt.
2. The microbes in my stomach are sabotaging my weight loss goals apparently.
"The bacteria that make up the community of microbes in your stomach [...] all need different types of nutrients. Some prefer fat, while others would much rather have sugar, for example. Scientists [...] think the gut microbiome sends signaling molecules from your stomach to your immune, endocrine, and nervous systems. In turn, those signals can influence your behavior, prompting you to seek out food loaded with whatever nutrient the bacteria need to stay strong." -via Zahra Barnes at Women's Health Magazine.
I don't have a sweet tooth. I have sugar-seeking microbes. But there's hope! See the article.
3. The Nostalgia Machine site is really cool. You plug in a year and it gives you popular songs that year. Naturally, I put in the year I graduated high school (2001). I might as well have been transported back to prom. ;)
4. Alex and Grant's apartment is perfect- just my style (photographed and shared by Jaymee Harney on her blog JayAdores, as well).
5. I need more friends. I'm going to take Sarah von Bargen's advice "How to be a Grown Ass Woman: Friendships" (on her blog Yes and Yes).
Enjoy your weekend!