Friday, June 13, 2014
five on friday
1. Remember I read The Fault in Our Stars as part of my "Books to read before they're made into movies in 2014" project? I haven't seen the movie, yet, but these sentiments resonated with me about the book.
2. I read If I Stay next by Gayle Forman. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see the movie and compare it to the book. I requested the sequel Where She Went from the library. I started it this week.
3. I want a terrarium planter table runner! How cool. Maybe I can sneak it in as one of our fun, summer break activities.
4. What a helpful, extensive list of "Tips and Tricks to Drop Pounds Now." I am stocking up on blueberries after reading:
"Not only are blueberries an antioxidant powerhouse, but also, they've been shown to play a role in reducing belly fat — say goodbye to that muffin top! Blueberries are loaded with anthocyanin, which has been shown to alter the activity of genes found in human fat cells, making it more difficult to put on weight."
It's time to start making Alton Brown's Buff Smoothie (again).
5. This watermelon stamped table cloth. So cute.