Friday, March 14, 2014
10 things making me happy
Welp. It's Friday. Do you have any plans this weekend? I'm hoping to take a breather. (I'm always up for taking a breather. ;)
I got sick last week, and it hasn't gone away. Occasionally when I get sick during this time of year, my throat overreacts and I get a nasty sore throat. My doctor's nurse gave me some home remedies to try (humidifying the air, gargling with salt water, that kind of thing). She also suggested I not exercise while my body expends enough energy trying to heal. It's bittersweet being told not to exercise. I want to, but I don't. I've felt off these past few days.
I could be throwing a pity party. ;) Instead I am going to list 10 things making me happy:
1. Juli sounded like she was singing earlier this week mimicking a song that was playing. It was so sweet.
2. My daughters are a constant joy in my life. In the morning before she goes to school, Lani kisses Juli while she sleeps or she softly touches her hands. She didn't realize I was looking at her one morning. She got startled, but I smiled and she said, "She's so pretty." :) Evie is always making me laugh. She is very witty, and says the most unexpected things. Addy has a warm temperament. She lights up the room with her smile.
3. I bought 4 new plants this week. I've been seeing those fiddle leaf plants around. It's such a pretty plant. I've heard they're finicky. I hope I am able to care for it properly! I moved some of my plants to different areas. "Redecoranging" feels so satisfying sometimes.
4. Seeing Trisha's Project Life organization made me happy- she has a pretty collection of supplies.
5. Lani, Evie, and I all got new glasses this week. Lani's prescription changed drastically, so she can see much better now. My prescription changed slightly, but the frames I chose make a big difference. The ones I had before were too narrow. Evie got new reading glasses. She didn't need glasses before. We can see clearly now... the rain has gone. ;)
6. Jasmine and I are gathering supplies and working on Jennifer's book exchange party next weekend. I'm looking forward to it.
7. A 30 minute painting is something I plan to do soon. How pretty!
8. I'm finishing up a book I'm reading, the library just notified me that a book I requested is in, and Jesse and I are about to start reading a book together. I love to read.
9. Jasmine shared this video with me this week. It's hysterical.
10. Juli turned 6 months today. She's 1/2 a year old!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
See glimpses of my home here.
See my "10 favorites" posts here.