Friday, November 15, 2013
five facts Friday
1. I was born in Burbank, California and lived in Los Angeles up until I went into 6th grade and my mom moved us to the high desert. (To give you an idea of where I live if you're not local: when people drive from LA to Las Vegas, they typically make a pit stop in Barstow or here, which is about 30 minutes before Barstow). I've been living here ever since. When I left LA, I remember thinking I would hate it in the high desert, but I like it. City life isn't for me after all.
2. I try very hard to be orderly, but it's insane to try when I have 4 young children. Hot drinks are my key to sanity in a room full of scattered toys and random things.
3. My love of paper crafting started when I was very young. I distinctly remember watching a segment on TV, in which an older woman was folding paper (sounds riveting; doesn't it?). I think she was showing how to make a card or small book. I remember liking how her hands looked when she folded the paper. I remember liking the sound of the paper folding. *Nerd alert.* Truly, folding paper would be on my list of nice sounds.
4. I am a perfectionist. I don't like that about myself because I tend to have an all or nothing mentality. See number 2.
5. When Lani (my oldest) was a toddler, she got into the habit of taking my robe from me on cold mornings. It was obviously huge on her. That Christmas I looked high and low for a children's robe for her. It was harder to find than I would've thought. I was so set on buying one for her, I bought an expensive one, which is the only one I could find. It was money well spent. It's a happy memory for me of little, itty bitty Lani wearing that robe.
Enjoy your weekend! :)