and fill it up with pretty and usable craft items like buttons, mini tags, flowers, brads, bits and baubles, ribbons, trims, stick pins, charms, you name it.You will be put in a group of 3 swap participants and you will send out 2 jars and receive 2, as well.
Here's what you need to do:
Here are a few Flickr pics to get your creative juices flowin':
1. Sign up for the swap by sending me an email [now closed] by June 28th or until we reach a maximum of 30 participants.
In your email, please include the following: your name, mailing address, email address, blog or Flickr address (you must have one of either to join), and a list of your likes/dislikes including favorite colors and color schemes (please be thorough! It's easier to to put a package together when there is an extensive list of likes).
2. The first step is to find 2 jars (maybe recycle a jelly jar, a pickle jar or a vintage jar?) Next you will decorate the jar a bit to make it pretty. You can paint on them, add rub-ons, rhinestones, flowers, ribbon, buttons, lace, etc.
3. Finally, fill up your jars with pretties, and...
4. Ship them off to your swap partners along with your name and contact information (by July 12th).
1. Untitled, 2. jars of buttons, 3. pickle jar vintage craft storage, 4. button collection, 5. Whimsy Jar (Kawaii Theme) Sent, 6. yellow jar, 7. Pink/Black/White Whimsy Jar~sent, 8. Whimsy Jar Swap Sent, 9. vintage jar with floral lid ( filled with vintage white buttons) ..from pinkgrapefruit style, 10. The Two Bird Jars, 11. Blue and Brown Whimsy Jar~sent, 12. Another Whimsy Jar Pincushion, 13. preserves
Several of the whimsy jar pictures are from Shanda's Flickr. I love her whimsy jars. See more of her whimsy jars here.
I sincerely hope you will join! I look forward to your email. :)
I will be accepting international participants for this swap. I will be pairing up international participants with each other though to keep shipping costs low.